Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Herbie is The Bomb

WHO: Herbie Hancock
WHEN: Saturday June 23/07
WHERE: Bessborough Gardens (Jazz Fest)

Things are getting a little scattered in blogsville, mostly because there has been an overall overattendance of musical events.

But, I thought Herbie Hancock deserved a BIG mention because of his amazing performance Saturday night. It may just currently reside in my top-3 concerts at the moment, mostly because of the way he brought me to tears playing Maiden Voyage despite the crush of loud people around me, including beard-dude, who I silenced with my evil glare midway through the song.

There are no photos for this event. I wasn't sure what proper festival etiquette would be, so I went sans camera, which is kind of a regret of mine.

For a more cohesive and educated evaluation of the performance, check out local critic Bill Robertson's review of the show.

I'm just glad I got to see such a legend perform in my life time. And he did it all with only three other musicians and no fancy lights, cameras or disco balls. And he had a keytar. Well worth the ticket price, that's for sure.

1 comment:

Jackle said...

Sigh. The man is essentially a jazz/fusion/wtf(rockit)? god.