Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Bengough, Saskatchewan?

http://www.gatewayfestival.ca/

This caught my attention because of the proximity to my hometown. I kept noticing all these interesting acts were booked to play in Bengough, of all places. A town, near but not dear (grr... rival towns) to my heart.

So after I noticed Jeff Healey, and my friend Tyler Lewis, and then Elliott Brood, and the Cracker Cats were all playing the same weekend in Bengough, I got curious and decided to research.

By doing that I found out that, super but "not-so-rocking" band from Regina, power-pop quartet The Polymaths are also going to play.

Looks like I have no good reason not to go home for a weekend. Three cheers for Bengough, and whoever is behind this small-town-SK upstart festival. Hip-hip-hootenanny!

No comments: