Saturday, August 11, 2007

REGINA FOLK FEST

WHO: Dallas Green (City and Colour)
WHERE: The Legion, Regina
WHEN: Aug. 10

Dallas Green played a show at the Legion after the Folk Fest got rained out by a torrential downpour that basically came out of nowhere.
I was bar tending, but he sounded pretty good to me, and the place was fairly packed. I love his music, and his voice. Managed to sing along to Coming Home in between popping beer cans and rye and cokes. I wish I could have paid more attention to Mr. Green, but such is life. I'm sure he would have liked to not have played the Legion instead of the Folk Fest stage, but kudos to being a good sport anyways, I guess. Those that did focus on the show were not impressed with his lack of stage banter and what-not, but I liked what I heard.

No comments: