Monday, September 10, 2007

Tour Wrap





































Holy crap, it's done already and I'm home... home? in Regina, listening to Neil Young in a coffee shop and wondering what just happened to me. All I know is that I wish I was still on the road, somewhere between Calgary and Victoria, singing funny little songs and scribbling in my notebook.

After Victoria we headed east, across the ferry and to Edmonton. In between Edmonton and Victoria was a night of camping in the mountains, crazy amounts of road construction and twisted pavement snaking through the mountains. What the prairie navigators didn't realize was that the amount of ground covered in the mountains is roughly half that covered driving flat out across the prairie. Still, it was beautiful, and aside from occasionally jangling nerves we emerged in the flatlands unscathed.

Edmonton was a good show. In between gourmet Buddhist vegetarian cuisine and bubble tea, we played a fun set in this really cool art-space with a band called Aurora and a talented dude named Eamon McGrath.

The the next night was the ultimate tour wrap-up — an old-school party at the Canmore Hotel with equally old-school band The Grass. By old-school I mean getting slightly liquored up, playing the tambourine so hard I bruised my leg and possibly getting turfed from the bar. All in a night's work.

Check out all the photos for more concrete details on the happenings.

-J

No comments: